WHAT ARE THE FAA REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN A PRIVATE PILOT CERTIFICATE?
1. Be at least 17 years of age (at the time of your flight test).
2. be able to read, speak, write, and converse fluently in English.
3. Pass the pilot knowledge test with a score of 70% or better.
4. Obtain at least a third-class medical certificate/ student pilot certificate.
5. Undertake flight training as follows:
a. Receive a minimum of 40 hours of flight time, including a minimum of 20 hours of
flight training from an authorized instructor, with 3 hours of cross country
flight training, 3 hours of flight training controling the aircraft soley by
use of instrument, and 3 hours of night flight training.
b. 10 hours of solo flight time with at least 5 hours of solo cross-country, one
cross-country flight of at least 150 nautical miles, and 3 take-offs
and landings to a full stop at an airport with an operation control tower.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Medical Exam $90
Books and Supplies $300
Written Test Fee $90
20 hours of Dual Flight Instruction $2900
($105/hr aircraft+$40/hr instructor)
20 hours of Solo Flight $2100
($105/hr for aircraft)
Rental of Aircraft for Flight Test $265
Examiner's Fee $400
*These figures are for the minimum FAA requirements, additional training may be
required for competency.
IS FINANCING AVAILABLE?
YES, financing is available by Pilot Flight Training Financing. Aeroflight Services also accepts VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS, and CASH or CHECKS.